Gas Safety Certificates in South East London

If you own a property and rent it out in South East London, as a landlord you are responsible for your tenants and their safety. That is why our gas safe registered engineers can complete gas safety checks and provide you with a landlord gas safety report, proving that both the gas supply and the gas appliances at your property are safe to use. Contact us today to book in your annual landlord gas safety check with RJL Heating today. We offer landlord gas safety checks and certification to both private landlord and local authorities in South East London.

Landlord Gas Safety Checks

Our Gas Safety Check Service

Should you be looking for a gas safe engineer to carry out a landlord safety check, you are in the right place. Our team at RJL Heating aim to provide clients across South East London and the surrounding areas with a professional and reliable service. We have been providing landlords across the area with gas safe registered engineers to complete routine inspections and tests for a number of years now.

We have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to gas appliances and gas safety checks. When you are looking for a professional company who work safely and take gas safety seriously, there’s no need to look any further, our reputation is second to none and we are well known in the area for providing professional and efficient services.

Landlord Gas Safety Checks
Landlord Gas Safety Check

Landlord Gas Safety Checks

It is also the legal duty of landlords to maintain pipework and ensure that this is also in a safe condition, so many of our forms also include the facility for our gas safe registered engineers to record the results of pipework integrity tests, this test will indicate if the pipework installation is safe or not. Should you be based in South East London or the surrounding areas and require more information on the landlord gas safety checks that we complete, don’t hesitate to call and speak to a member of the RJL Heating team today.

Annual Gas Safety Services

The main reason you need a landlord gas safety report and a certificate is that as a landlord in South East London you should be ensuring that your rental property complies with the current gas legislation. When you rent a property out, it is a legal requirement that the property where your tenants live should have annual gas safety checks completed and you should have your landlord gas safety certificate. The gas safety certificate for your rental property should be renewed every 12 months by a gas safe registered engineer.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificate
Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

When You Require Gas Safety Certificates

The landlord of every single rental property should ensure that they have valid gas safety certificates, whether you are a private landlord, a housing association or local authority. The 1998 Gas Safety Installation and Use Regulations outline what landlords should ensure that gas appliances, fittings, chimneys and chimney flues are safe to use. Properties which require valid gas safety certificates include:

  • Residential premises – whether they are rented out by hostels, local authorities, housing associations and private sector landlords
  • Individual rooms – including bedsits, bed and breakfasts, private households that let rooms
  • Holiday lets – including cottages, chalets, caravans and apartments/flats

What’s On A Gas Safety Certificate?

When you choose RJL Heating for your landlord gas safety checks in South East London, you will be provided with a gas safety certificate, you should expect to see the following on a gas safety report provided by us:

  • The engineers’ name, registration and signature
  • A description and location of every appliance that is checked
  • Date of the gas safety check
  • The address of the property where the appliances are that are checked
  • The landlords’ name and address, or that of their agent if applicable
  • Any safety defects detected and the action required to rectify the issue
  • The results of the operational safety checks
Gas Safety Check and Certificate
Gas Safety Check and Certificates

Why Choose Us For Gas Safety Checks in South East London?

Over the years we have carried out gas safety checks for many landlords and housing associations in South East London. We provide a comprehensive check and reporting service and comply with all current regulations in relation to landlord gas checks. Having had some great feedback from our customers, some of the reasons you should choose us are:

  • We have a wealth of experience in the industry
  • Team of trained engineers
  • We cover South East London and the nearby areas
  • Our checks meet all current regulations
  • We can work with both local councils and private landlords

For Gas Safety Certificates in South East London Contact RJL Heating

Should your rental property require a gas safety report in South East London, then contact RJL Heating today. Whether you require a qualified engineer to carry out a new inspection and complete a new report, or whether your current gas safety certificate is due to expire, the team at RJL Heating are on hand to assist. We work across South East London and many of the nearby areas.

Offering Landlord Gas Safety Checks Across South East London

Gas Safety South East London - Frequently Asked Questions

As a landlord, it is a legal requirement that you have a valid gas safety certificate, which ensures that your property is safe to rent out to tenants and you will, of course, be abiding by the law.

Gas safety certificates should be issued every 12 months, you should obtain one before you let a property, and before you re-let a property, even if the 12 months isn’t up. This will ensure that the gas appliances at your property are safe for tenants moving in.

Gas safety checks should be carried out by qualified and gas safe registered engineers. Here at RJL Heating, we have a team of qualified gas safe registered plumbers who are on hand to complete gas safety checks, so you can rest assured that your check will be completed by a qualified professional.

Any type of rental property will require a gas safety certificate and this covers both private landlords and housing associations. All types of properties such as flats, houses and HMOs require landlord gas safety checks and certificates.

If you’d like to arrange a gas safety check for your property, then all you need to do is get in touch with RJL Heating today. Contact us via email or through our contact form and we’ll get back to you, alternatively give us a call today.